A rich and satisfying soup that is certain to nourish your body and soul! In addition to being warm and comforting, it has detoxification properties.
Did You Know?
- Sweet potatoes are high in potassium which can help lower blood pressure and are excellent as an anti-stress food.
- They contain compounds called phytochelatins that can bind to heavy metals such as mercury, lead, copper and safely remove them from the body.
- Good food to help acclimate and transition the body into the Springtime.
Spice, That's Nice, Sweet Potato Soup
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime Zest
- 1 on the vine or large plum tomato (optional)
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes ( approximately 3 large)
- 2 tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, sliced
- 4 cups homemade Organic Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chilies
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup crunchy or smooth Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 Lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Whisk Coconut Cream to make sure liquid and solid portion are combined and then stir in zest. Cover and store in fridge. Seed and dice tomato. Set aside for garnish.
- Peek Sweet potatoes and cut in chunks.
- Melt Coconut Oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until onions have softened.
- Add potatoes, stock, cumin, chilies, and ginger. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. reduce heat and simmer approximately 15 minutes, covered until potatoes are soft.
- Let mixture cool and then purée soup in batches in blender or food processor. Return to pot.
- Using a whisk, stir in peanut butter into soup. Heat until hot and then add the juice of one lime and stir. Taste and add salt.
- Put soup into bowls. Add a dollop of the Coconut Cream/Lime Zest Mixture and sprinkle with the chopped cilantro.
- For colour, top with chopped tomatoes.
Going Beyond Nutrition https://goingbeyondnutrition.com/
Leave a Reply