For the Slow-Cooker
Comfort food that will awaken your senses!
Did you Know?
- Fat stimulates bile production which in turn helps convert the beta carotene in the sweet potatoes into Vitamin A.
- Vitamin A is a very important fat-soluble vitamin that supports the immune system, vision, skin, and bone growth and development.
Paleo Beef Stew with Lots of 'Zing'
Write a review
- 2 ½ - 3 pounds beef chuck roast (free-range; hormone free; organic if possible)
- 1 quart homemade beef stock
- 2 tablespoon Organic Coconut oil
- 2 large yellow onions (organic if possible) – cut in 2” chunks
- 2-3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 large organic red pepper…seeds removed and coarsely chopped
- 6 organic carrots – cut in 1” slices
- 4 good sized organic celery stalks, cut in 1” slices
- 2” inches peeled ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed chilies-seeds (optional)
- 1 large lemon grass stalk – removing the tough green end and then pounded with a meat cleaver to soften.
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper roast and wrap in plastic wrap and let sit in fridge for 30 Min.
- Meanwhile prepare vegetables; put onions, red pepper, carrots, celery stalks, garlic, ginger, and cilantro in separate bowls.
- Remove meat from the fridge; remove the wrap and pat the meat with a paper towel.
- Put coconut oil in a cast iron skillet and heat up the pan over medium high heat.
- Once oil has melted and heated up, carefully place the roast in the pan and start browning on all sides.
- Once browned, remove roast and put in Slow-Cooker.
- Deglaze the skillet with some of the beef stock using a spatula to scrape up browned bits. Turn off heat and add the rest of the beef stock to the pan and carefully pour it on top of the roast.
- Add in the cut up vegetables, lemon grass, chillies-seeds and coconut aminos and stir.
- Add some sea salt and pepper.
- Slow cook on ‘Low’ for 8 hrs.
- Wonderful if served over cooked sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of Coconut oil or Ghee mixed in.
Going Beyond Nutrition https://goingbeyondnutrition.com/
Leave a Reply